Other than the Nikon D3X (or Nikon D4) that I would love to find under my tree this season—as the Hasselblad H3DII-50 is just a bit outside of my price range—I wish Beltronics would finally offer, what I would regard, the ultimate radar detector (in a windshield-mount).
This supreme radar detector would possess the following attributes:
- The Dual LNA Antenna of the STi Driver/STI-R that would enable the detector to remain invisible to Spectre RDDs while providing unimaginable levels of performance
- The incorporation of the GPS abilities of the Beltronics Pro GX65 and Escort Passport 9500ix which includes the Cheetah Trinity Database of Red Light Cameras and Fixed/Mobile Speed Cameras w/lifetime subscription to updates
- The auto-learning and un-learning of identified false locations
- The absolute reception capability of the Beltronics STi-R
- Police lidar/laser reception on par with the new Bel GX65
- The silky-smooth alert ramp-up of the Escort Passport 8500 X50
- Ka-Band segmentation as currently provided in the Beltronics STi-R
- Incorporation of the four different metering display options (borrowed from both Beltronics and Escort Passport models)
- The magnesium chassis of the STi Driver as well as its second-to-none packaging.
- All of the ergonomic advancements which we have all come to know and love from both Beltronics and Escort models including the nice new double-tone auto-muting at speeds below 20mph.
- The ability to incorporate with the Cincinnati Microwave Laser Shifter ZR4
- The potential to alert via a blue-tooth link into new automobile sound systems and/or other mobile devices
Such a radar detector could fulfill the vision of providing an incremental approach to buidling a system along the lines of an Escort Passport 9500ci without undermining the positioning of any of the other products offered by either Beltronics or Escort.
In my opinion, such a radar detector could be universally regarded as the most sophisticated and capable (dare I say perfect?) windshield-mount radar detector, yet conceived.
Santa (aka: Beltronics), I don't know if you are listening, but...
I know I am not in Iowa, but I do believe that if you build it, they will come...